IUVSTA is a Union of national member societies whose role is to stimulate international collaboration in the fields of vacuum science, techniques and applications and related multi-disciplinary topics including solid-vacuum and other interfaces.
Examples of activities reflecting these objectives are:
1. The creation of relevant international meetings, conferences and workshops - these may be large-scale and relatively general meetings, or specialist workshops. They might also be 'regional' (e.g. European) or fully international in concept. These include:
2. The coordination of existing international meetings within relevant scientific areas.
3. Assisting national societies to host such international meetings, or to increase the international participation in regional meetings, with attendant advantages of local scientists to attend such meetings at low travel costs.
4. Providing educational opportunities for transfer of expertise from the international community into a local community or into scientifically less-developed countries. Specific activities in this field include:
5. Administration and organization of international awards and prizes in the scientific and technical areas covered by the Union including:
6. Giving national societies the opportunity to influence decisions on any of these matters which might impinge directly or indirectly on a national society - e.g. to avoid clashes or negative effects on national meetings.
7. Providing an opportunity for national societies to discuss common problems of organization and infrastructure with other societies with common problems through both full executive council meetings and through the coordination of regional forums.
8. To represent the community covered by IUVSTA at an international level, for example by being an active participant in ICSU, by serving on appropriate committees such as ISO, UNESCO and non-governmental organizations, and to act as a conduit for interaction with other national and international organizations, such as ICTP.
9. Organization, in coordination with the major international and regional conferences, exhibitions of manufacturers goods and related services for the benefit of both users and providers with the scientific and technical interests covered by the Union.
10. To assist and advise in the creation of new national and regional societies and encourage them, at the appropriate time, to apply to become members of IUVSTA.
|Executive Council Meetings|
29 September - 1 October 2017, Sofia, Bulgaria
|Meetings and Conferences|
|Planned IUVSTA conferences 2016-2020|
27 Aug - 1 Sep, 2017
17 - 20 Sep, 2017
Clemson, SC, USA
International Conference on Thin Films
13 - 17 November 2017
New Delhi, India
Submission Deadline Extended
|Workshops and Schools|
81st IUVSTA Workshop
"Response of Biological Materials to Plasma Treated Medium"
12-16 March 2017
79th IUVSTA Workshop
"3D Chemical Imaging – from fundamentals to advancing applications"
15 - 19 May 2017
Pula, Sardinia, Italy
Biological Surfaces and Interfaces
2 - 7 July, 2017
Abstract Deadline March 24, 2017
16th IUVSTA School
IUVSTA Summer School on Physics at Nanoscale
12 - 17 July 2017
Devet Skal, Czech Republic