The IUVSTA EBARA award is now accepting applications. Please apply here: http://iuvsta.org/iuvsta-ebara-award/
IUVSTA is exceptionally proud to announce a new award sponsored by EBARA to be presented at IVC-21. The award recognizes an excellent young researcher or engineer to support innovation in environmentally friendly solutions in the area of vacuum-related science and technologies.
This award aligns with the strategic objectives of the Union for sustainable societal development. It is expected that the projects submitted to the Award will be related to vacuum science and technologies and demonstrate considerable environmental benefits. Vacuum equipment is an essential element in the production value chain of semiconductors, solar cells, LED, Emobility batteries, etc. that account for markets of several 100s of billion dollars, and, therefore, vacuum equipment is an enabler for the environmental benefit of these mainstream technologies.
The crucial role of vacuum technology as a keystone technology deserves increased awareness. IUVSTA has therefore decided to establish an award for environmentally friendly vacuum science and technology. It is for the same reason that EBARA has decided to sponsor this award. The winner will be awarded a prize to the amount of 3000 euros at the IVC21 event in Malmö/Sweden, July 1-5.
EBARA, established as a pump manufacturer in 1912, has continued to develop, manufacture, sell, and supply products matched to society’s needs. Today, the Group is a conglomerate of its three core businesses: the mainstay Fluid Machinery & Systems Business, which supplies pumps, compressors, and other rotating machinery; the Environmental Plants Business, which handles environment related plants; and the Precision Machinery Business, which produces equipment and devices related to semiconductor manufacturing.
Read more about the award and EBARA here.
Several prizes and awards are offered by the International Union for Vacuum Science Technique and Applications (IUVSTA):
- The IUVSTA EBARA Award recognizes an excellent young researcher or engineer to support innovation in environmentally friendly solutions in the area of vacuum-related science and technologies. Apply here: http://iuvsta.org/iuvsta-ebara-award/
- The IUVSTA Prize for Science is awarded every three years to recognize and encourage outstanding internationally-acclaimed research in the fields of interest to the IUVSTA,
- The IUVSTA Prize for Technology is awarded every three years to recognize and encourage outstanding internationally-acclaimed achievements in technology and instrumentation in the fields of interest to the IUVSTA,
- The Medard W. Welch International Scholarship is awarded every year to support a young postgraduate scientist for working for one year in a country in which he/she has not previously studied. View the list of Past Welch Scholarship Recipients here.
- The Elsevier Student Travel Awards are awarded to a number of students or young scientists who give a presentation at a IUVSTA conference.