Several prizes and awards are offered by the International Union for Vacuum Science Technique and Applications (IUVSTA):
- The IUVSTA Prize for Science is awarded every three years to recognize and encourage outstanding internationally-acclaimed research in the fields of interest to the IUVSTA,
- The IUVSTA Prize for Technology is awarded every three years to recognize and encourage outstanding internationally-acclaimed achievements in technology and instrumentation in the fields of interest to the IUVSTA,
- The IUVSTA EBARA Award recognizes an excellent young researcher or engineer to support innovation in environmentally friendly solutions in the area of vacuum-related science and technologies. Apply here: http://iuvsta.org/iuvsta-ebara-award/ View the list of past EBARA Scholarship recipients here
- The IUVSTA Medard W. Welch International Scholarship is awarded every year to support a young postgraduate scientist for working for one year in a country in which he/she has not previously studied. View the list of past Welch Scholarship Recipients here.
- The IUVSTA Elsevier Student Travel Awards are awarded to a number of students or young scientists who give a presentation at a IUVSTA conference.